Saturday, June 9, 2012

Zucchini Tots

I'm STILL working through the buckets of zucchini and I imagine you are too if you garden.  Tonight I tried a new recipe  - Zucchini Tots. I didn't make enough.


This recipe makes one mini muffin tin so be sure to double-triple-or more it.

1 cup grated zucchini
1 egg
1/4 onion minced
1/4 cup cheese - (I used cheddar but next time I'll try pepper jack for a little zing)
1/4 cup bread crumbs - I used Italian

* Preheat oven to 400 degrees
* Spray mini muffin tins with non-stick spray
* Grate zucchini and blot dry with paper towels
* Combine egg, onion, cheese, bread crumbs and zucchini
* Spoon into muffin tins
* Bake 15-18 minutes until brown and set
Enjoy!

A few more loaves of zucchini bread and I will have finished these,


but yesterday we went to get a roll of hay and visited with Buttercup and the Beauchamps for a bit and came home with this blessing...


I foresee more squash recipes in the near future.
What's your favorite way to cook squash?


No comments:

Post a Comment