Saturday, June 2, 2012

Hurricane / Disaster Preparedness

It is officially Hurricane Season (June 1 - November 30). In THIS POST I suggested some things you can do to begin to prepare for unforeseen disasters or emergencies.  Today I planned to have a list of items to have on hand in case of  a hurricane or other emergency.
As I was compiling this list and getting ideas from other sources I came across THIS website.  Though I haven't read completely each chapter, this is a GREAT resource for disaster planning. Well thought out and put in practice, the author includes chapters such as: Food, Water, Clothing, Energy and Shelter, with printable checklists and practical how to's for a variety of emergency situations.  I realize that imagining a horrific disaster situation takes us out of our comfort zone and seems unlikely, but as far as preparation, it's better to have and not need than to need and not have. Personally I plan to begin to put into practice many of the suggestions this author makes. I will compile necessary items and prepare BOBs (Bug Out Bags) to have on hand in the car and at the ready.
  Obviously there are many websites available pertaining to these matters. This is just one that contains information concerning a variety of emergency circumstances.
  This is a topic that I would welcome additional ideas and thoughts.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete