Tuesday, October 15, 2019

A Kiss From God

Monday, October 15th 2018 - Day 5

I can't get over how fortunate we were yesterday to have found hay close to home! I worry for all my friends with farm animals that they won't be able to procure feed. For this reason we set up another meeting tomorrow with our hay provider for neighbors and friends.



A bittersweet day. We lost another goat today. I have to say we were very fortunate that the majority of our animals fared well through the storm and for that, we are thankful, but saying goodbye is never easy. So blessed to have a tractor!


Today we drove to Dothan, 55 miles north, following our friends, Brad and Jamie. We've decided to purchase a second generator to run the house and use our original for the well pump. It's just too hard to drag the machine back and forth from one house to the other every day! (700 feet - about TWO football fields!)

  Leaving the farm and traveling north was a bit startling - the devastation continued for miles but gradually lessened as we neared our destination. The road was filled with signs of hurricane relief: linemen, utility poles, construction and roofing companies... Gas stations were doing a booming business and the stores were crowded with post hurricane victims trying to find supplies.





We shopped at an all inclusive store, specifically for a larger generator, but filled the cart with other odds and ends as well, and proceeded to the check out line.


 When I went to pay for the items my wallet was missing! I dug through my purse some more, completely confused as to why it wasn't there when Scarlet spoke up,
  "I know where your wallet is Grandmommy."
  "Where honey?"
  "It's by the the door in the scrap room. Remember you asked me to get it for you the other day - I didn't know where to put it so I put it by the door."
I broke down and began to cry like a baby.

    We asked the manager if he would hold our items for us, but it was getting late and we weren't sure we could make the round trip and home again - 3 hours worth of driving - before curfew.  It was irrelevant because the manager could not hold items due to corporate policy, which made me break down again, but he promised he would be sure to have a generator for me in the store the next day.
I felt totally defeated.  I had wasted our precious time in making this long journey to come home with nothing.

  Brad and Jamie had a little more shopping to do, and we still needed a few parts for the chainsaw so we all went over to Lowes and split up. We found that the store shelves had been plundered of all hurricane aftermath necessities; all the items we needed were gone- defeat again.

But God showed up. He was way ahead of us!

Unbeknownst to us, while we were in the store, a woman approached Brad in the parking lot and asked if he needed a generator.  She told him that God had told her to go to Lowes and that there was someone there in need of a generator and that she should offer hers.
Brad told her that he had already purchased one, but that he knew someone else... and led this sweet lady to us.
When she told us her story I cried again.


Sometimes angels are just ordinary people...who help us believe in miracles again.


Written in honor of Tammy King,
with our humble gratitude
for her kindness, generosity and willingness to be obedient
to the voice of God.



No comments:

Post a Comment