Other happenings on the Homestead of late include:
* HEIRLOOM PLANTS FOR SALE!
I have a variety of differnt tomato plants including Al Kuffa. Homestead, Chadwick Cherry, Ingregnol, Woodle Orange, Beefsteak, Rutgers and Roma (and a few others)
Eggplant, Peppers, Cucumber and Squash - several varieties of each
$2.00 - 12 oz container
$3.00 - 24 oz container
* ANOTHER attempt to breed Buttercup
*Planting Shiitake Mushrooms AGAIN!
* Red fox sighting outside her den in the pasture.
*It's springtime and things are hectic around the farm. Lots of baby goats - our final count (for now) is 8 girls and 2 boys, three of which we're bottle feeding 4 times a day.
* Recently I began a part time job outside the home - 2 days a week, 10 hours a day so I'm in the process of trying to balance full time work at the farm, keeping house and earning extra income to continue our homesteading ventures.
* But I've saved the best for last.
On Wed, Feb 27, my daughter married the man of her dreams in a private ceremony in St Lucia and I gained a son. I thought my heart would burst! We'll see them this summer and I can hardly wait!